Robert has worked in the accounting industry for over 25 years and currently serves as the Managing Partner at Heard, McElroy and Vestal. His primary focus includes taxation and business valuation, specifically mergers & acquisitions of closely-held businesses. In addition to being a Certified Public Accountant, Robert is one of a very limited number of CPAs that carry the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) designation.
Robert graduated with a Bachelor of Science from Northeast Louisiana University in 1987 and went on to receive a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance from Louisiana State University in Shreveport in 1989. Prior to joining Heard, McElroy & Vestal in 1993, Robert worked with Arthur Andersen & Company. Robert was elected as partner in 1997, then served as Partner-in-Charge of the Tax Department from 2004 until 2009 before being elected to Managing Partner in 2009.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), G-400 Practice Advisory Group
- Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants (LCPA), former board member, Past President of the Shreveport Chapter
- Litigation Services Committee, LCPA Shreveport Chapter
- Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce, Former Board Member, Chairman & Treasurer
- Committee of One Hundred, Board Member
- Holy Angels, Board Member
- Louisiana State University in Shreveport, Adjunct Professor
- Artspace, Advisory Board Member & Past Treasurer
- Downtown Development Authority, Past Treasurer
- St. Joseph Catholic Church, Past Finance Council Chair & Trustee
- Mudbug Madness Festival, Former Finance Chairman
- Volunteers of America, Board Member & Past Treasurer
- YMCA, Former Board Member, Treasurer & President
- Petroleum Club of Shreveport, Board Member
Creating solutions and providing opportunities for our clients, our people, and our communities.