Gil is a former partner and now Partner of Counsel at Heard, McElroy & Vestal. A native of Sikeston, Missouri, Gil graduated from the University of Missouri with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and a Commission as an Officer in the U.S. Air Force Reserve. Gil joined HMV and was called to active duty and served as Auditing Officer, stationed in Tokyo, Japan. After completing his tour of active duty, he rejoined HMV and was admitted to the partnership on October 1, 1959. In November 2010, the Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants recognized Gil for 50 years of membership in the association.
Gil has always embraced service to the community which is evident by his many leadership roles in Shreveport-Bossier and our region. He has welcomed two United States President’s to our community, Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford. Gil and his wife Anne are active members of St Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral and make their home in Shreveport.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – Life Member
- Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants (LCPA)
- Tax and Estate Planning Council of Shreveport
- Downtown Rotary Club, Member
- Willis-Knighton Medical Center, Board of Trustees
- Noel Foundation, Inc., Treasurer
- Shreveport-Bossier Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast, Treasurer
- LSUS Foundation, Former Board of Directors
- Ark-La-Tex Ambassadors, Inc., Former Chairman
- The Demoiselle Club, Former President
- Holiday in Dixie, Former President
- Goodwill Industries, Former Board of Directors, Former President
- Hilman House, Former Board of Directors American Heart Association, Southeast Regional Board
- American Heart Association, Caddo/Bossier Chapter, Former President
- Southfield School, Former Board of Directors
Creating solutions and providing opportunities for our clients, our people, and our communities.