Steve joined Heard, McElroy & Vestal in 1985 after graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and a Master of Professional Accountancy from Louisiana Tech in 1984 and 1985, respectively. He joined the audit department and was elected partner in 2000. Additionally, he served as Partner-in-Charge of the Audit Department from 2011 to 2018 and began to serve as Partner-in-Charge of Business Development in 2018.
His audit and attest practice focuses on financial institutions, governmental entities, manufacturing, wholesale/retail, and other accounting services. Steve is involved in numerous civic and charitable organizations and is a leader in business development of the firm.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants (LCPA)
- Shreveport Yacht Club, Current Treasurer
- Downtown Shreveport Unlimited, Board Member, Former Treasurer
- Military Affairs Council, Former Board Member
- Mudbug Madness, Former Treasurer
- Ark-La-Tex Ambassadors, Inc., Former Treasurer
- Independence Bowl Committee, Former Member
Providing opportunities for our clients, our people, and our communities