In 2023, Blake joined the partnership when the firm merged with Curtis Blakely & Co., a Texas-based CPA firm now operating under the name of HMV in Longview. In recent years, he served as Managing Partner for the former firm and was responsible for establishing and monitoring the firm’s quality control over accounting and auditing services. Blake remains active in all aspects of the firm’s practice with special emphasis on telecommunications, which includes performing audit, consulting, and tax services for independent and cooperative telcos and nonregulated subsidiaries. He also assists telcos with regulatory reporting and development of cost allocation procedures and has consulted with TSTCI Accounting Committee on various projects.
Blake is a graduate of Texas A&M University with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting. He joined Curtis Blakely & Co. in 1983 after a one-year audit experience with Arthur Andersen & Co. in Houston, and in 1986, he became Shareholder.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA) East Texas Chapter
- Texas Telephone Association member (TTA), Committee Member, Associate Member of the Year (2021)
- Texas Statewide Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (TSTCI), Member
- Junior League of Longview, Advisor
- Longview Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Newgate Mission, Volunteer
Building Relationships and Providing Opportunities