A native of Shreveport, Louisiana, Walker joined Heard, McElroy & Vestal in 2009 when his family returned to Shreveport from Memphis. Walker was admitted to the partnership in 2013 and his practice focuses on audit and assurance services of financial institutions, employee benefit plans, closely held businesses, dealerships, wholesalers and oil and gas companies. Walker often works as a key member of the entertainment, digital media and film audit team reviewing and performing Agreed Upon Procedures in accordance with Louisiana Economic Development requirements. He currently serves as the Partner-in-Charge of the Audit Department.
Walker is a graduate of Millsaps College in Jackson, MS with a Master of Accountancy and Bachelor of Administration in Accounting. After graduation, he worked with KPMG, LLP in the Memphis, TN and Jackson, MS offices and then with FedEx Corporate.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Advanced Defined Contribution Plans Audit Certificate
- Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants (LCPA), Board Member, 2017-2019
- Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants (LCPA), Former President of Shreveport Chapter
- Louisiana Society of Certified Public Accountants (LCPA), Former Member of Accounting and Auditing Conference Committee
- Southfield School, Board of Trustees
- CoHab Foundation, Former Treasurer
- Ark-La-Tex Ambassadors, Inc., Former Treasurer
Providing opportunities for our clients, our people, and our communities