Roy has more than 30 years experience in the accounting industry and is licensed both in Louisiana and Texas. As a Partner in the Tax Department of the Shreveport office, his main focus is in taxation, specifically related to closely held businesses, physicians, and oil & gas. In 2017, Roy began serving as the Partner-In-Charge of the Tax Department. Effective July 2, 2022, Roy will transition into the firm’s Managing Partner role.
Roy received his Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Centenary College followed by his Master of Business Administration from the University of Houston. Roy joined Heard, McElroy & Vestal in 1998 and was elected partner in 2001. From 2009 to 2017, he served as the firm’s Personnel Development Partner and is a current member of the Administrative Committee. Before joining HMV, Roy was with McEvoy & Company of Houston, Texas for ten years.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Society of Louisiana Certified Public Accountants (LCPA), Former President of Shreveport Chapter, Former Board Member, Former Treasurer
- Tax and Estate Planning Council of Shreveport, Former President, Former Treasurer
- North Louisiana Economic Partnership, Former Board Member, Former Treasurer
- Frost School of Business, Centenary College of Louisiana, Former Adjust Professor, Former Guest Lecturer
- Louisiana Tech University, Former Adjust Professor
- Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce, Chairman-Elect, Former Treasurer
- Junior Achievement of North Louisiana, Former Board Member
- The Demoiselle Club, Former President, Treasurer
- Cotillion Club, Former Treasurer
- Christus Schumpert Shreveport – Bossier Strategic Committee, Member
Building Relationships and Providing Opportunities